Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lovely June.

Hello guys,

Welcome to the beautiful month of June! Are you as excited as I am?..well you should be because we are going on a roller coaster ride with lots of inspiring posts, breathtaking videos, quotes, pictures and everything lovely you can think of. Thanks for your visits to my blog and thanks for all your comments. As always to inspire is why we are here and this month is not going to be different.

Today I bring three lovely poems about the beautiful gay month of June.

Enjoy!

IF NOT FOR JUNE

If not for June,
My memories of Winter in December...
With a wish to witness,
The freshness of Spring March would bring...
Would not still remain so vivid.
As if only yesterday visited.
If not for June.

If not for June,
My eyesight would not be teased...
By the freedom felt in Summer,
With hopes that linger of those things I could do,
Under clear skies showing bright Sun.
And seeing the fun shared by nearly everyone,
If not for June.

And if not for June I would not be able to reminisce,
From so many experiences I could pick.
June seems to be the month I can do this.
With a thankfulness I am still in the midst,
Of a year that appears to have just begun.
With so much left to offer before it is done.
And for me this happens only when June comes.

MY LOVELY JUNE


O come sweet June, my lovely June
The month when first the roses bloom -
A wondrous, colourful display
By sunlight kissed throughout the day,
So chasing all my cares away.

And fixed above, the starry bull,
Glittering there, so beautiful,
Adorning thus the northern skies
Whene'er the dazzling daylight dies -
‘Tis like a glimpse of Paradise.

Then climbing high in heav'ns expanse
The sun ascends, to so enhance
The splendour that is all around.
O June, fair June, wherein abound
The seasons gifts, which full surround,

With flower petals soft unfurled
And vines around the trellis curled.
The grass is sweet and richly green
With shining luminescent sheen -
Your face, my June, a beauteous scene.

Carnations flourish through the years
Bursting forth from Mary's tears,
And Honeysuckle-scented air,
No other fragrance does compare -
I seek to ever tarry there.

O June, dear June, for you I wait -
My longing ever shall abate
When you recur with all your grace
To lift my heart and light my face,
And thus my soul to full embrace.

Such pure delight, all heaven sent,
O June, my June, you bring content.
‘Tis you for whom I ever yearn,
Awaiting thus your prized return -
O June, my lovely June sojourn.

THE MONTH OF JUNE.

In the month of June
I composed a melodic tune
Ahead of time before the clocks struck noon
Later at night I waited to sing it out in full moon

June is the smell of sweet fresh roses
A beautiful rosy sixth month it exposes
And with the sweetness of each day
The sky clouds smile brightful and gay

Good Afternoon, My little summer butterflies
In June we can play where yellow meadows lie
We can observe little rivers flow into lagoons
And the mellifluent wildlife retreat into cocoons

And if love where to blossom it will do so quite soon
Because there is something about the month of June
As the longest daylight hours a year balloon
All marriage hopes are not left marooned

June is a beautiful month to sing
And listen to loud wedding bells ring
In this long awaited summer month
The mood of happiness is all June fronts

Sylvia Chidi

 

Inspire.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment